Saturday, November 26

As A Girl Scout (2)

Finally, the proof of my success, our success. The moment I've been waiting for, the awarding ceremony for the Chief Girl Scout Medal Scheme.

Me and my troop leader went to Manila for the awarding ceremony which was held last November 14, 2011 at the Philippine International Convention Center. Our flight from Davao to Manila was scheduled last November 13, 2011.
me :)

Ma'am Ligaya

We stayed at the Kabayan Hotel for 4 days and 3 nights. On November 14, 2011, we went to the PICC for the awarding ceremony. There are 505 Senior and Cadet Girl Scouts to be awarded at that time (including me). All of us were excited at that moment for we were all eager to receive our awards and also, our guest of honor and speaker by that time was Mrs. Ma. Lea Carmen Salonga Chien, well known internationally as a singer (which means we all get the chance to see her up close when we are going to receive our awards :) ).



me, holding the award: a medal (for me:) ), certificates, & a pin (for my mom)
all of those are inside the envelope


 We still have a day and a half left to stay at Manila for our flight back home was scheduled on November 16. We roamed and bought some stuff at the mall, ate for a while, went back to the hotel and went home afterwards on Nov. 16.
Being a Girl Scout, I have experienced much adventure and enjoyment in my life. I have gone to many places, did many things, and I never expected that I would be able to help a community through scouting. I am so blessed and I will never forget my experiences and what it feels like being a Girl Scout.

No comments:

Post a Comment